I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.
Agnes Repplier

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr. Seuss



I would rather have eyes that cannot see; ears that cannot hear; lips that cannot speak, than a heart that cannot love.
Robert Tizom



Love, true love, is that which can give the most
without asking or demanding anything in return.
Mazie Hammond ~



The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.
Henry Miller

9 comments:

♥ Braja said...

I love Agnes' words in the first one....how true!

Sunny said...

Beautiful pictures and words so true.
A truly lovely post.
Sunny :)

abb said...

Your photos - and Dr. Seuss - always hit it on the head. Thank you!

dianasfaria.com said...

Mr. Miller's quote is a great one, like an important reminder, at least to me!

Kay said...

Each one is so true and so beautiful, Sylvia.

Judy said...

Great quotes and photos. I love the 5 simple ways to be happy in your sidebar, too. They are all so true.

Merisi said...

Beautiful images,
the last one's my favorite, though:
I love the little treetops at the bottom, they brought a smile to my face.

I enjoyed reading your selection of wise words,
thank you, Sylvia! :-)

nsiyer said...

Hi Sylvia. One can go on and on . Love is such a subject. My inspiration, Mother Teresa, always said' If you judge people, you have no time to love them' How true?

chrome3d said...

I know I´m in love when I can sleep well without a worry about those lonely nights. Love and sleep, they go hand in hand.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time