I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Perfect Solution for Senior Health Care

This was sent to me by a good friend -- too good not to share! Happy Weekend!

While discussing the upcoming Universal
Health Care Program with my sister-in-law the other day, I
think we have found the solution. I am sure you have heard
the ideas that if you ’re a senior you need to suck it up
and give up the idea that you need any health care. A new
hip? Unheard of. We simply can't afford to take care of
you anymore. You don't need any medications for your
high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, etc. Let’s
take care of the young people. After all, they will be
ruling the world very soon.

So here is the solution. When you turn 70,
you get a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot 2
senators and 2 representatives. Of course, you will be sent
to prison where you will get 3 meals a day, a roof over your
head and all the health care you need! Need teeth, great!
Need glasses, no problem. Need hip, knee, kidney, lung,
heart? Well bring it on. And who will be paying for all of
this. The same government that just told you that you are
too old for health care. And, since you are a prisoner, you
don't have to pay any income tax.

I really think we have
found a Perfect Solution!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

LOL,

Perfect idea,only sorry that I didn't think of it myself!

Have a great weekend friend!

Grayquill said...

I think you better duck the rabid liberals will be after you now. That was pretty funny though- there are so many inconsistencies in our world.

Linda Reeder said...

While I think this is ironic, I find it not funny. Sorry. The assumption is we buy into the fear that old people will be at the mercy of death panels, which is a crock. Then we solve it by shooting people.
Maybe I've lost my sense of humor on this topic.

Sylvia K said...

Linda,
Oh, it is ironic, I can't argue that, I guess I hoped people would see how totally ridiculous the situation is. And sometimes a little humor is all there is to keep the world from getting too black.

robin andrea said...

I see the humor and the tragedy in it, sylvia.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time