I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. Langston Hughes



Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. Langston Hughes



An election is coming. Universal peace is declared and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. T. S. Eliot



Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot



Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

11 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

great quotes, food for thought and wonderful photos

Gattina said...

Nice quotes together with these beautiful pictures. The only thing is I don't like to be kissed by rain, with all the rain we usually have in Belgium, I would be drowned by now !

Unknown said...

Wonderul quotes.I keep on reading it again & again..Thanks.

Sunny said...

Such lovely pictures and wonderful quotes.
Now I'm off to dreamland!
Sunny :)

Bradley Hsi said...

I like your quote from Lao Tzu. I would like to look for the original Chinese text. The marvel of Chinese language is, although Lao Tzu wrote his philosophical text several thousands of years ago, we can still read it today.

bobbie said...

Your Eliot quote re "too far" definitely got to me.

??? said...

Wonderful photos, very relaxing :)

Arkansas Patti said...

I am taking the rain quote to heart as we have had over three days with out let up and me with only a kayak and neutered pets.

Judy said...

Only those who risk going too far by T.S.Elliott is my favorite. I love coming over here because the scenery is always so beautiful and so is the music. It is very calming.

Deborah Godin said...

Lovely - and Hughes understands just how I feel about rain!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

You can't go wrong with Langston Hughes.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time