I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! ~Author Unknown



A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit



Sometimes it's better to put love into hugs than to put it into words. ~Author Unknown



Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown



You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet



You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. ~Author Unknown



Hugs grease the wheels of the world. ~Author Unknown



The Last Photo :

Ballerinas
pirouetting
starkly,
amidst the silver sands,
now
stopped
mid action,
standing on tiptoe
palms unfolding
to the sky.

Dreaming
of the days
of green
jetes
as their branches
gracefully
bowed and swished
in the cool
late summer breeze.

The Day of the Adagio
is drawing to
a close,
Water
slowly
gently
lapping
at the rooted feet,
freeing them
to live in the sun
once again

The Allegro
has started,
with a glimmer of green,
and
they shake off
the frosted
diamonds
and gracefully
bow
to the God of spring
watched by
an amused Sun.

Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over The Hill at December 17, 2009 1:21 AM

17 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Sylvia -- I am becoming addicted to your evening wisdom and beauty.

I would put that first picture on my wall (if I had room). Hugs back atcha! Thanks

kRiZcPEc said...

Hey, I love every of the shots in this set and the first quote! Thanks for sharing!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The second last photo is so WOW!!! I like it when the sky is orangy.

Kay said...

OOooooooohhhh! I do love that orange sky! Wow!

♥ Braja said...

The sky is amazing...hey Sylvia :) Hope you have a wonderful season!

dianasfaria.com said...

"...love into hugs than into words" I find that works best for me & my teenage son.
Hugs are like a universal language,just like a smile is.
Thanks for the uplifting quotes & photos Sylvia.
: )

Lee Spangler said...

Your pix and quotes go well tonight with the peaceful mood here. Listening to Pandora Radio and watching the fish in the aquarium. It is a perfect Winter evening here. I hope you are feeling tranquil too.

magiceye said...

the 1st pic is awesomest of all the l;ovely ones in your post!!

Anonymous said...

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. Here here my friend. And that picture of those waves crashing is stunning :)

Ugich Konitari said...

The Last Photo :

Ballerinas
pirouetting
starkly,
amidst the silver sands,
now
stopped
mid action,
standing on tiptoe
palms unfolding
to the sky.

Dreaming
of the days
of green
jetes
as their branches
gracefully
bowed and swished
in the cool
late summer breeze.

The Day of the Adagio
is drawing to
a close,
Water
slowly
gently
lapping
at the rooted feet,
freeing them
to live in the sun
once again

The Allegro
has started,
with a glimmer of green,
and
they shake off
the frosted
diamonds
and gracefully
bow
to the God of spring
watched by
an amused Sun.

jabblog said...

Sylvia, this is such an inspiring daily post - I love your quotations and today's final photograph is simply beautiful.

Regina said...

How are you Sylvia? These are awesome captures.
Regards.

bobbie said...

Sylvia, your photography is superb. I think you should compile some into a book. But then,how would you choose? By locale perhaps.

Unknown said...

Love your selection of quotes, Sylvia. They are truly what I think Chanuka and Christmas should be all about.

Maude Lynn said...

What an absolutely gorgeous post!

Tash said...

superb photos and lovely poetry. Love the beauty of your posts.

storyteller said...

I'm doing a bit of 'catch up' this morning in my 'reader' (thanks for making your complete post available there) and don't recall if I commented here ... but your photos and quotes are always amazing and right now that first photo makes my jaw drop ... seriously gorgeous capture! Methinks I'd like it as my desktop view ... would your mind if I snag a copy?
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time