I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Be proud of your accomplishments. But don't take them too seriously.
~Dr. Lee Jampolsky



Passion is universal humanity. Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless. ~Honoré de Balzac



Chase down your passion like it's the last bus of the night. ~Glade Byron Addams



Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~Kahlil Gibran



He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. ~Cyril Connolly

15 comments:

Christella D. Moody said...

Beautiful pictures, but I just love, love, the last picture.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow on that last photo!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Fantastic captures and interesting quotes.

Like Christella, I love the last one. Perfect! Its nice to see the nature paints our world.

Thanks for sharing Slyvia.

magiceye said...

beautiful images garnished by wonderful quotes!

Kay said...

Beautiful photos with quotes that really touch you.

chrome3d said...

I´m too tired to chase my passions in the night. The life offers enough anyway.

chrome3d said...

That bush on asphalt was so alive and it´s a great philosophical catch!

dianasfaria.com said...

I like the one about self respect the best.

Lilly said...

Oh I also love this one the best. I have missed your wise words Sylvia. Hope you are well. Now I have to catch up on your blog.

"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow"

Grayquill said...

You never disappoint - Your blog is such a nice breath of fresh air.
The beauty in picture and word reminds me to look for the good.

Anonymous said...

That second photo reminds me of a peacock for some reason. Maybe it's the way it's shaped. It is wonderful my friend :)

Maia T said...

Beautiful photos and words, I especially like your sunset photos.

Jim said...

Great skies. All of them.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

SandyCarlson said...

Beautiful shots, Sylvia. So wonderful. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

We know that we are passionate when we can not contain that which has arisen within us. It must be released and transmitted into the world knowing that it will find those ears or eyes that have requested this life sustaining and changing stimulus.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time