I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.
Anais Nin



The second one : Rocking in the Sun

Snuggled around,
fluidly blanketed,
smoothed
and water eroded
they lie
protected.
Amidst some weeds,
and possible
hiding fish,
safe, and away
from the cares
of a world.

But for some
it's about learning
how to live
when
the ebbing starts;
waves
touching and shying away,
leaving you
and yours,
however young and green,
to face bravely,
a drying, pleasant,
yet warm,
sometimes comforting,
morning Sun.
Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over The Hill at February 20, 2010 7:44 PM

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin



Dreams are necessary to life.
Anais Nin



I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.
Anais Nin



The only abnormality is the incapacity to love.
Anais Nin

11 comments:

abb said...

Wish I had words like that within my soul. Ms. Nin's words...so lovely and the accompanying photos are wonderful.

SandyCarlson said...

So well said and so beautifully presented. Thanks for these. They are words I need and images that help me learn the lessons.

Ugich Konitari said...

The second one : Rocking in the Sun

Snuggled around,
fluidly blanketed,
smoothed
and water eroded
they lie
protected.
Amidst some weeds,
and possible
hiding fish,
safe, and away
from the cares
of a world.

But for some
it's about learning
how to live
when
the ebbing starts;
waves
touching and shying away,
leaving you
and yours,
however young and green,
to face bravely,
a drying, pleasant,
yet warm,
sometimes comforting,
morning Sun.

dianasfaria.com said...

beautiful words of inspiration as always Sylvia!

Anonymous said...

These are very inspirational my friend. And the photos are just tremendous. Love 'em :)

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Beautiful images and beautiful words.Love the poem of your friend.

3rd photo is fantastic, love the bare tree against the blue sky and blue water, it looks so inviting.

Have a great weekend dear.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What an interesting set of quotes today! I was always going to read her, but never did. Lovely pictures as always.

Anonymous said...

Life is an accumulation of many different dreams.

Pietro Brosio said...

Sylvia, what a beautiful post! The images are all very nice and the quotes so interesting.
Happy Sunday!

Eden said...

Beautiful images as always, Sylvia. And thank you for sharing the inspiring words.

Anonymous said...

Love this post - it's wonderful in every way!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time