I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.
- Kahlil Gibran



Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit.
- Kahlil Gibran



The soil, in return for her service, keeps the tree tied to her; the sky asks nothing and leaves it free.
- Rabindranath Tagore



I was born modest; not all over, but in spots.
- Mark Twain



Fewer things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
- Mark Twain



Ethical man - a Christian holding four aces.
- Mark Twain



You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might also pray in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.
- Kahlil Gibran

13 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

Have a great weekend!

Pearl Maple said...

Beautiful collection of flowers and views. Happy Weekend!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Are those lilaic flowers? Reminds me of when I was in Canada.

Oman said...

whenever i land on ur blog, i feel the breeze of your photos. truly a delight to the eyes. great job.

Christine said...

I love the words you chose today to go with your always beautiful photos. Are those flowers actually flowering now? My lilacs are still tight little buds. Sigh.
Have a great weekend, Sylvia.

Pietro Brosio said...

Sylvia, it's always a joy to see your fine sequences of images accompanied by the interesting quotes!
Happy weekend!

Dianne said...

I love the little blue flowers!!

hugs to all, have a good weekend

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

a single sunset—
enough to send soul soaring
higher than the stars

My bright blue sky

lv2scpbk said...

Hopefully my lilacs will come out soon. I love to smell them but they don't stay long.

Susan at Stony River said...

Those flowers made my morning brighter Sylvia! Thank you for those wonderful spring photos!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful captures Sylvia and Kahlil Gibran was such a wise man.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings and smiles

maryt/theteach said...

So wonderful, Sylvia! This weekly post of yours is one of my very favorites, if not my favorite! :)

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful my friend. I love them all. And the quotes are wonderful. :) Have a great Sunday :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time