I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves. - Sophocles



Without music, life would be a mistake. - Nietzsche



A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - From the quote by Chinese philosopher Laozi



Nature does nothing uselessly. - Aristotle



Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain



Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

10 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the Anais Nin quote.

dianasfaria.com said...

great quotes as always Sylvia. I love the Twain one, soooo funny.
& yes, let us definitely celebrate the alphabet together one day!
hey, you just never know!
Lol!

~Cheryl said...

Your photographs are such a joy!

chrome3d said...

I dunno what kind of music good olde Friedrich listened, but that is a good thought.

Unknown said...

Great phtographs and quotes...
Have a nice day..
Costas

lotusleaf said...

Beautiful photographs and matching quotes!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. The 1st and 4th are just stunning. :)

x_pEpPeRoNi_x said...

Great photos, like always! ;)

I like the Nietzsche one, imagine what life would be without music!

Elaine said...

Don't know which I enjoyed more...the quotes or the photos! Nice way to start my Wednesday morning. :)

George said...

I enjoyed all of these beautiful pictures and great quotes. I didn't realize, however, that Mark Twain could see so clearly into the future. If only he knew ...

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time