I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How the Fight Started!

Ever wonder, in relationships, how 'the fight' started' ?
One year, a husband decided to buy his mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a
Christmas gift.
The next year, he didn't buy her a gift.
When she asked him why, he replied,
"Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year."

And that's how the fight started...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have sex?'
'No,' she answered.
I then said, 'Is that your final answer?'
She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes.'
So I said, 'Then I'd like to phone a friend.'

And that's when the fight started...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took my wife to a restaurant.
The waiter, for some reason, took my order first.
'I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please.'
He said, 'Aren't you worried about the mad cow?'
'Nah, she can order for herself.'

And that's when the fight started...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping the channels.
She asked, 'What's on TV?'
I said, 'Dust.'

And then the fight started...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 200 in about 6 seconds..'
I bought her a scale.

And then the fight started...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion. She
kept staring at a drunk swigging his drink as he sat alone at a
nearby table.
I asked her, 'Do you know him?'
'Yes,' she sighed, 'He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since.'
'Mon Dieu!' I said, 'Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'

And then the fight started...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car.
You know how sometimes you just get so stressed and little things just seem funny?
Yeah, well I couldn't believe it - he was a DWARF!
He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, 'I AM NOT HAPPY!'
So I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one are you?'


And then the fight started...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BROKEN LAWN MOWER:
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed.
But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first - the truck, the car, playing golf. Always something more important to me.
Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush.
I said, 'When you finish cutting the grass, you may as well sweep the
driveway.'
The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

15 comments:

Lois said...

These are all hilarious Sylvia!

Serline said...

My hubby and I work on my baby's blog together. He's the writer and I'm the artist. I get writer's block ALL the time, but sometimes I like to use my own words.

"Honey, I'm stuck. I've been staring at this photo for an hour, and I still don't know what to write!"

"Whatever comes to mind, dear..."

"It's blank... no, it's full of ideas, but I can't write them down."

"Back to basics, dear. Play that Elmo video from youtube again..."

And then the fight started...

Annie Jeffries said...

omigosh. I am falling down laughing. Thank you, thank you.

Mojo said...

*snort*

I've heard some of these before, but they're STILL funny.

Thanks for the laughs!

Mojo said...

PS: I love the new header!

C.M. Jackson said...

love the new header and thanks for giggles --I loved this!!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Love it - really made me laugh. I do enjoy visiting you Sylvia. A x

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!! Love all of these. Thanks for giving me the laugh of the day :) Have a good one. We will see you next week :) WOOT!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny thoughts are same everywhere - even in the Eastern part of Finland :)
Thank you for the good mood!

Roshni said...

these are amazing as usual, Sylvia! What a wonderful header you got from gappa!!!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Sylvia,
mi hai fatto molto ridere questa sera :-))
Mi piacciono questi tipi di relazioni !!
Buona giornata.

Carolyn said...

Sylvia, I am so glad you are one of my blogging friends, I love it when you make me laugh. Thank you and big smiles

magiceye said...

lol that was hilarious! thank you for laughs to kick ff a great day!

Chandni (Chanz) said...

love the lawn mower one the most...

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» needed a good chuckle today and he thanks you for supplying it!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time