I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty!

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius
For happiness, one needs security, but joy can spring like
      a flower even from the cliffs of despair.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.
Edgar Allan Poe

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i love the glowing light in that first photo.

SandyCarlson said...

I love those lights, too.

magiceye said...

So beautiful...

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful pics there Sylvia!!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful, that flower is really pretty.

cieldequimper said...

Just wonderful skies. And the new headed is absolutely brilliant!

cieldequimper said...

Sorry, header.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Gorgeous images, Sylvia. Love those skies, really love the flowers. I'm already missing our summer flowers.

NixBlog said...

Lovely shots. Those dahlias are amazing!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time