I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Some Wisdom and Beauty for the Day!!



Everybody can be great... because everybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated to love. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not, and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



I don't live in either my past or my future. I'm interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we we're  living now. -PLaulo Coelho



Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of weather. -Jon Ruskin

Have a beautiful weekend!

7 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great pics and great quotes. I really like the "..heart full of grace..." from MLK

Have a great weekend Sylvia!!

TexWisGirl said...

a 'heart full of grace'. loved that.

Al said...

Great post, Sylvia. My favorite photo is the beach one, such beautiful blues. Have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

Mr. Coelho is correct.

genie said...

The Coelho quotation is one I need to post on my fridge. If only we would all follow it. Our lives would be so much easier. The flowers are beautiful, but the beach shot has to be my favorite. All of that nice cold water is so appealing to me.

Marja said...

Some great wisdom you have selected here accompanying some gorgeous photos

Lowell said...

What a delightful series of photos! The floral shots are all magnificent as is the beach shot. Have a super Sunday!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time