I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Wisdom and Beauty

Pleasure is spread through the earth in gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find. -William Wordsworth

Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place.
-Lewis Carroll


Whether it is life or a horse that throws you,  get right back on. -Gayle Lampe

I can shake off everything as I write, my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.
-Anne Frank









6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the gold in the sky. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely golden skies. Love the Lewis Carroll quote. Oh it is soooo true!

Michelle said...

Such beauty in those golden skies!

lotusleaf said...

Beautiful skies! Lewis Carroll's quote is more relevant in this century.

Jack said...

You get great light out there, Sylvia.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh so lovely Sylvia! Quotes from Anne Frank always make me want to cry and smile at the same time. Keep good care of Oregon for me until we get back next summer !

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time