I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Monday!


The butterfly counts not months but moments,
and has time enough.
R. Tagore

I've had a lovely weekend, some sun, some clouds, some time to take pictures, some time to spend with friends. Eight of us got together to watch the Super Bowl and it was such fun to see Bruce Springsteen as the half time entertainer, lots of fireworks, and some of the most hilarious advertising I've seen in a long time! They out did themselves this year. So, there was lots of laughs, lots of good food and a lot of shouting when it looked as though the Cardinals would win, but as you may know, in the last minute and a half, the Steelers scored another touchdown. So, we were disappointed, but it was still an on-the-edge-of-your-seat game.

I wish you all a lovely start to the week, with lots of love and beauty and joy -- no politics today, I'm ranted out for the moment.

9 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

No party here, no chomping on snack foods, but I did keep track of the game while doing other things. I watched pretty intently the last quarter, hoping the Cardinals would pull off a win. Alas, they did not.
I'm glad you got together with friends and had a good time.

Lilly said...

And an Aussie was playing for the Cardinals too. I just saw some of the ads on TV - how funny they were. I could not believe they cost 3 million dollars for 30 seconds. Glad you had a good time and were amongst friends.

Margie's Musings said...

I watched the game too and was disappointed with the outcome.

bobbie said...

That is one of my favorite quotes from Tagore.

We will have one more pleasant day today before the frigid air comes back and I'll huddle in the house again for a while. going to get out while I can today.

Dianne said...

Bruce really was rocking wasn't he? Not bad for an old man lol

I enjoyed the game and was glad my Steelers won

The E*Trade baby is my favorite

that and the commercial with Dylan and Will*I*Am

Peggy said...

I was routing for the Cardnials...I seem to always root for the underdag.(unless my bears are in the game..)
I love to have people over and laugh and eat and cheer. We used to have superbowl parties but not in a while. The three of us managed to do the trick this year so all is good.
I'm smiling for you today Sylvia!

You have a great week too!

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch all of the game, but tuned in for Springsteen. for some reason I missed half of it - either NBC messed up or it was my dish (but we didn't have a storm at the time). I was not happy about missing The Boss!

robin andrea said...

I've been avoiding politics. It's much too disappointing these days. Glad to see you had sun and time to enjoy it.

Darlene said...

I guess I'm the only person alive who is not a football fan; sorry, all you lovers of the game.

I'm glad you had a nice weekend, Sylvia.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time