I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Evening Beauty -- April is Here!

Well, in a few hours and I doubt it will make a lot of changes here overnight. But I had to go to the bank this morning and I've gotten where I take the camera with me wherever I go because I never know what I might stumble on that would require me taking a photo. Anyway, as I got out of the car I realized the sky had turned blue and the flowering trees lining the parking lot were this fragile pink and it had happened almost overnight. It didn't last long, the wind blew the clouds back across the sky and it was soon raining -- again. I'm glad I got this to remind me to have faith!
Be sure to click on the photo to see how really lovely the tree is.

Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring
The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To fly--and Lo! the Bird is on the Wing.
Omar Khayyam

April
The roofs are shining from the rain,
The sparrows twitter as they fly,
And with a windy April grace
The little clouds go by.
Yet the back yards are bare and brown
With only one unchanging tree--
I could not be so sure of Spring
Save that it sings in me.
Sara Teasdale

17 comments:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia K,

That is a beautiful tree accompanied by very inspirational words.

Thanks,

U

Lantaw said...

beautiful spring photo!

Lara said...

oh, lucky you! already trees in bloom!

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Lovely picture. Lovelier words.

J said...

I'm glad you're getting to enjoy cherry blossom too - it's blooming here, and I love it, so lifting after the gloom of winter.

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Lovely spring blossom!

Great Grandma Lin said...

enjoyed your spring verses and the new blooms-gorgeous

Kay said...

Wow! Oh WOW! What an incredibly beautiful tree. It just takes your breath away. Thank you for the lovely poem also. Happy Spring!

Margie's Musings said...

We have a lovely flowering crab tree in our front yard and it made it through our eight inches of snow Saturday.

bettygram said...

Thank you for the inspirational words and the beautiful tree in blossom.

Deborah Godin said...

I love those trees when the wind blows showers of petals!

robin andrea said...

Taking the camera with you wherever you go, that's when you know you're seeing the beauty around you everyday.

Peggy said...

Thank you for the great pictures...we have not bloomed here yet!

chrome3d said...

If you leave the camera at home then you will certainly miss something. Wonderful blossoms.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty, Sylvia!

XUE said...

In Tokyo, the cherry blossom season has started & I think people all over (Japan & the world!) are here!!! The parks are beautiful & the crowds...!!!

J P Joshi said...

Came here from my wife's blog. Beautiful photograph, and the poems reflect the feeling of spring that comes from within...that sense of "I could not be so sure of Spring
Save that it sings in me." Very appropriate.

I had just done a post on 'Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring', after having seen the onset of spring in Tattenhall village in the UK. The treat to behold there were the golden yellow daffodils.... of course, immortalised in the poem by William Wordsworth.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time