I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


/\Namaste
I'm very grateful to have found so many different kinds of love over the years, love that has filled and touched my life in many ways. I still find myself asking questions regarding love from time to time, but asking questions is not a bad thing -- unless you're expecting the perfect answer, hence Gibran and Tagore!

Your friend is your needs answered.
Kahlil Gibran

Love is an endless mystery, for it has nothing else to explain it.
Rabindranath Tagore

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Kahlil Gibran

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

nice sunset and words of wisdom

dianasfaria.com said...

you post the greatest truisms for meditating on. Thanks.

dianasfaria.com said...

PS
Your shadow shots are lovely!

Susan at Stony River said...

Sylvia, your photos just get more and more beautiful, and some days I don't know how that's possible.

Thank you for the beauty, in skies and in words!

julie king said...

what a gorgeous photo!! and the quotes do say a lot about the many different kinds of love.

thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words! i'm glad to have found your blog and someone whose interests i share.

Raven said...

Beautiful photo and words from two of the bests voices in the history of writing. Wonderful post.

Peggy said...

Wondeful thought and loved the rain pictures. I just love cloudy days ! A little weird, maybe but I do!

hitch writer said...

Most beautiful is that pic !! most beautiful !

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time