I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Humor

Time to laugh! My friends keep me supplied with some really unbelievable, but true humor and I thought I'd help give you a laugh for today.

The first piece really struck a note because it happened in Great Falls, MT where we raised our family.

These next ones are also true, but come from all over! Dummies aren't limited to any particular area it seems.

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE :
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a20taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.
From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'
Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.
This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on..
A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'
This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

STAY ALERT!
They walk among us... And the scary part is that they VOTE and they REPRODUCE

8 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Ya gotta wonder where it's all leading, all right, but then maybe some of these people aren't *smart* enough to reproduce...

Susan at Stony River said...

They're all good, but I'm still wiping tears from the State Trooper who could "run" 50 miles an hour! He's class!!

Mari Meehan said...

you know all these people are going to be elected to Congress!

Margie's Musings said...

I know! And that's what's really scary!!!

Darlene said...

I haven't laughed so hard in ages. I can just see the State Trooper running in place. He really came up with a funny antic. If he thinks this fast all the time the speeders in Montana better be on their guard.

I guess after reading the others I know where the phrase, "What were they thinking?" came from; or maybe, "Are they able to think?"

Lilly said...

How funny are they. I would laugh harder except I would have a guilty conscience. I am sure I am guilty of very odd behaviour too at times. Err, even if I cannot imagine doing any of these things, he he. Reality is way funnier than any comdedian making up things isnt it?

Kay said...

Glad you liked the Idiot Sightings, Sylvia. I loved the Trooper news clipping! How funny is that?

Kate said...

Hi Sylvia, These funnies are great, loved the Trooper one - can just picture it, I bet he causes hilarity at 'get togethers' relating the story...

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time