I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty



The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.
Anais Nin



Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain


The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.
Anais Nin


He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
Lao Tzu




No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You've collected some very nice quotes here, Sylvia. I like the one by Buddha. And the photographs are gorgeous.

Have a great weekend,
Gina

Great Grandma Lin said...

lovely peaceful photos and quotes...

June Saville said...

I really liked Buddhas's bit of wisdom Sylvia - and the lovely pic that went with it ...
June in Oz

kRiZcPEc said...

Your posts in this category never cease to inspire me. Thanks for sharing. :)

bobbie said...

Inspiring, as always. I do love the first quote. Thank you, Sylvia.

Deborah Godin said...

Beautiful nuggets of wisdom - they go well with all the photos, especially the last one of the flowers growing amid the rocks!

storyteller said...

Lovely collection of photos and perfect quotes for MY mind this evening.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm from sunny Malaysia! Also, rainy days with thunderstorms too.
Thanks for the quotes. Shall try to remember what Anais Nin has to offer about writing.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time