I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

As many of you know, I will be out of town until Friday, but I have posted Evening Wisdom, Thoughts for each evening. Look forward to reading and commenting on your blogs as soon as I return.



Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.
Kahlil Gibran



Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.
Kahlil Gibran



The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes



falling leaves
hide the path
so quietly
~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com

8 comments:

Loran said...

Serene pictures and wise quotes, what a lovely combination!

Lantaw said...

that first photo is definitely a keeper!

Ebie said...

My main blog is here.
I found solace and peace in the first photo.
Enjoy your vacation!

abb said...

First photo is just perfection.

chrome3d said...

Selfish, grave and proud wisdom is not that important when seeing such simply beautiful scenes like these.

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos and quotes.

Joe Todd said...

Great photos. Where were they taken?

Darlene said...

I love Khalil Gibran quotes. Thank you for posting the thoughts and lovely photos while you are away.

I hope your trip was not too taxing and that you are enjoying your visit.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time