I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

What I need to live has been given to me by the earth. Why I need to live has been given to me by you. ~Author Unknown

 
Posted by Picasa


True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach (Thanks, Bonnie)

 


Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. ~Zora Neale Hurston

 


Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. ~Emily Brontë

 


I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace. ~ Helen Keller

11 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Love these Sylvia....love them....xoxo

Lee Spangler said...

Good Words to sleep on. They clear out rubble.

tina said...

Love to read on those proverbs you post. It does give lot of satisfaction. And those pictures are just great!

tina said...

Love those proverbs you post on this blog! There's so much meanings hidden !
Those pictures are just simply great!

Gattina said...

Photos and proverbs fit so nicely together !

Sunny said...

Lovely, as always.
Sunny :)

Unknown said...

These are so beautiful Sylvia. I just love them. Love them very, very much!

Lantaw said...

Love the first image, an image of solitude

Kay said...

Helen Keller's quote really strikes home. Beautiful photos and quotes, Sylvia.

dianasfaria.com said...

I love the Bronte quote. It is a perfect description of that connectedness one feels when in love. So beautiful.

& Helen Keller's is so full of wisdom.

Your photos are incredibly peaceful Sylvia!

Deborah Godin said...

Oh, lovely! And I'm copying that first quote into my "little book" where I save poems and other good things I come across.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time