I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Swallow your pride occasionally, it's non-fattening! ~Author Unknown



What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself. ~Abraham Lincoln



A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle. ~Benjamin Franklin



Most of us retain enough of the theological attitude to think that we are little gods. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.



It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help. ~Author Unknown



It is always the secure who are humble. ~Gilbert Keith Chesterton

12 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

hey, I love the last one here, wonderful shot. :)

Great Grandma Lin said...

had to laugh about the skunk one as we are in a battle with one around here. They are trying to trap it cause it's digging holes in our lawn for grubs every day...but disappears in the daytime and no scent left over. lol!

magiceye said...

wise words and lovely images!

Sunny said...

The rose is stunning. Always a pleasure.
Sunny :)

chrome3d said...

What you mean? That I´m not a little god? Oh no, there goes that illusion.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful quotes, Sylvia!

bobbie said...

That rose is exquisite.

tina said...

Nice colour of that rose!

lifendream said...

Rose is stunning...thanks for sharing.

storyteller said...

Absolutely beautiful thoughts and photos ... LOVE that rose. It looks like my Just Joey. I've shared Birds from my Rainy Day walk this week.
Hugs and blessings,

Janie said...

Great thoughts to ponder. Love that last photo.

Susan at Stony River said...

That is my *favourite* colour rose. Apricots and white ones I love. Those are some wise (if difficult!) words to remember, too!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time