I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Passion is universal humanity. Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless. ~Honoré de Balzac



The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher



The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~Author Unknown



When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown



It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein



You taught me to be nice, so nice that now I am so full of niceness, I have no sense of right and wrong, no outrage, no passion. ~Garrison Keillor

8 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Very nice photos and quotes! I can't decide which one I like best!

Great Grandma Lin said...

I like Einstein's quote there's wisdom there...

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

My mom is sick again and I have been absent again from my family of bloggers.
I love your Evening,Wisdom and Beauty, I know we both love quotes. This one I have to add to my list of favorites.
"When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

Kay said...

That first photo is just awesome, Sylvia. Hmmmm... so that's what being nice does, eh?

Christella D. Moody said...

Einstein's quote proves that he was a genius.

Suzanne said...

Great photos and I really enjoyed the quotes and reminders.

Thank you for stopping by my Sky Watch.

chrome3d said...

I wish it would all be just smooth driving on the freeway, but like you said, parking lots can´t be avoided every now and then.

Crafty Green Poet said...

gorgeous photos, specially the sunset. I love the quote about the road to success...

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time