I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Humor is merely tragedy standing on its head with its pants torn. ~Irvin S. Cobb



Warning: Humor may be hazardous to your illness. ~Ellie Katz



A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road. ~Henry Ward Beecher



A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone. ~Robert Frost



Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck



The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. ~G.K. Chesterton

10 comments:

Kay said...

That white rose looks like satin. Wow! Such lovely texture.

Peggy said...

Love the sunset and the flower was beautiful. This made me chuckle;
Warning: Humor may be hazardous to your illness.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, I like the Frost and Runbeck quotes!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Humor having Shock Absorbers.

Great Grandma Lin said...

thanks for some helpful quote and great photos

Lee Spangler said...

It takes some doing to keep humor pure. I mean separated from anger like sarcasm or cycnicism or fun that are hurtful to others. It is an art form.

kRiZcPEc said...

If what Ellie Katz said was right, I would happily embrace that risk. :)

MyMaracas said...

Beautiful and inspiring, as always. I love that white rose photo!

Dewdrop said...

Looks like a wonderful adventure! Great stuff! Love the soft colors of the sky.

Susan at Stony River said...

Great insights in those quotes Sylvia! Sometimes a sense of humour is all we've got left; if only we can remember that it gets through everything else!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time