I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there? ~Richard Bach



Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott, The Spiritual Life



People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ~G.B. Shaw



Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. ~Author Unknown



Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

11 comments:

magiceye said...

loved the 1st quote and the 2nd pic the bestest!

Kay said...

I just really loved that first photo. Awesome!

Elaine Yim said...

These are truly beautiful scenery picutes that I like to see. I can't seem to be able to take my eyes off them. Good job, Slyvia!

Pietro Brosio said...

Sylvia, I really enjoy this nice post! All beautiful pictures and meaningful quotes.
Happy Sunday!

chrome3d said...

I think I have more circumstance than somebody who has never learned to write or read and has to work 20 hour shifts in a sweatshop. I´m thankful for the ability to make my circumstances even though I could make more of it.

chrome3d said...

...and the pink skies were pretty like candy cone. I think I saw a huge flying pink swan somewhere there!

Sunny said...

It's difficult to pick a favorite, they are all so lovely. Wonderful quotes, especially the first one.
Sunny :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, wise words. We Skyped with our granddaughter to check out her Hallowe'en costume. It was so much fun!

maryt/theteach said...

As always, Sylvia, your photographs and quotes are awe-inspiring! Thank you for sharing! :)

Susan at Stony River said...

Richard Bach and Henry Ford are two of my heros, but Sylvia you always choose such great quotes!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing, so many beautiful photos! How did you do this miracle job. Happy Sunday.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time