I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. ~Charles Richards



As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott



Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean



In case you're wondering what this photo is -- it's the pattern that a heavy frost left on the glass top of a table on our deck.

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead. ~Scottish Proverb



You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. ~Ruth E. Renkl



Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting. ~Dr. Seuss

12 comments:

Inday said...

Beautiful words for thought and Zachary Scott makes sense about things we regret in our old age. The frost did leave a very impressive pattern on your table. It can make a good fabric design for clothing. Lovely to be able to visit your Evening Wisdom and Beauty again. Very soothing.

penny said...

I love the frosted pattern on your table top, Sylvia. Its quite a unique photo. Thanks for the evening beauty an words of wisdom. I enjoyed both.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom & beautiful photos,all of them.

Jenn Jilks said...

Beautiful thoughts and quotes. We're still having snow. Watch for my post tomorrow! :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL...for your a long time dead. I wonder how any knows how long you are dead for really. I'm just sayin...

Sally in WA said...

I think the shot of the table top is wonderful. I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful red clouds in the sky. The words suite perfectly.

Japa said...

Beautiful photos. Very interesting pattern the frost has woven on the table. Have great days ahead.

wanderlust said...

These are beautiful, love that frost!

Anonymous said...

Love the ice on the table and the Zachary Scott quote. I enjoy reading all your wisdom and beauty posts very much.

chrome3d said...

The frost did a very artistic visit to your place. Who couldn´t love that?

storyteller said...

Either my computer is messing up or something is wrong with Blogger because I keep getting an Unknown Error 999 at the most frustrating times. Methinks the comment I tried to leave got lost ... and my mind is addled. Looking at your lovely skies, reflecting on the wisdom you've shared, and revisiting the fascinating frost patterns on your table have 'centered' me once again. This time methinks I'll COPY my comment before pressing publish ... just in case ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time