I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward



As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy



Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James



You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran



If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. ~Mother Teresa



If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart. ~Arabian Proverb



Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have said it a couple of times. Who knew we had that many seconds. Thanks for sharing. Silent Gratitude I think is used all the time. A smile, a nod...hmmm Wonderful pictures. :) Have a great weekend :)

Q said...

Thank you for all the wonderful quotes and photographs...wow!
I also love the snow!
Thank you....
Sherry

Mare said...

Your quotes are always the best.

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

Loved your quotes on gratitude. The one on sient gratetude was wonderful
Great pictures too and love the dainty snow falling!!

ruma said...

Thank you for showing wonderful scenery.

Greetings.

Leora said...

Your photos are so serene and lovely. I love the blues and simplicity of the second shot. And the waterfall seems to want visitors - I'll come!

Lee Spangler said...

I like the snow falling on your page. Very cool. Am I ever going to see you on the slopes? or do you only make tracks around the fireplace in the lodge?

wanderlust said...

Great photos, those skies are beautiful!

kRiZcPEc said...

I am using a few second to say that I love reading your quotes and admiring these shots. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

I always love to stop by here, soaking in the positiveness and attempting to live by it too.

Have a good day Ma'm.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time