I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. ~Harlan Miller



The Christmas season has come to mean the period when the public plays Santa Claus to the merchants. ~John Andrew Holmes



People can't concentrate properly on blowing other people to pieces if their minds are poisoned by thoughts suitable to the twenty-fifth of December. ~Ogden Nash



If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart



I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton



He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ~Epictetus



Gratitude is the best attitude. ~Author Unknown

17 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Beautiful, Sylvia...as usual....and yes, I'll have one of those jars!

Elaine Yim said...

All the pictures are splendid. I really enjoy every one of the breathtaking views. Merry Christmas!

Oman said...

Fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving gifts are all the buzzwords in a Christmas setting. Make your Christmas a one to cherish for years!

kenju said...

Glorious photos and good quotes! Merry Christmas.

magiceye said...

stunners!

Lee Spangler said...

I liked the Christmas thoughts and the humor. I hope you have the opportunmity to spend some of the next days with family.

Grayquill said...

Those unknown authors are pretty smart.
I was hoping to see your christmas lights -
Merry Christmas.
What will our new year bring? I hope more good thoughts from Sylvia.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful...that flower is just awesome :)

toby said...

Those are spectacular! And very relaxing :)

Unknown said...

thanks for visiting me!!! I love your photos!! Merry christmas, I hope you'll have a wonderful time.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

BEautiful photos, they're a pleasure to look at.
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and all the best for hte year ahead.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

storyteller said...

Lovely morning views and wise words to contemplate as I head out to spend the day with family. Wishing you and yours a joyous Christmas!
Hugs and blessings,
Small Reflections

My name is Riet said...

Such beautiful pictures. The rose is my favorite and so beautiful.
I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.
Riet

chrome3d said...

Yikes, all that schmaltzy christmas spirit sprinkled all over the year from a stupid jar. The thought makes me just sick. Sorry!:-)

chrome3d said...

I have a lot so I have a reason to rejoice. Have to admit so much.

Jo said...

Beautiful shots, Sylvia, thanks to all in your team for the lovely meme. Have a wonderful season of love, joy and peace with your family and friends.(((Hugs))) Jo

Kay Dennison said...

Fabulous photos!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Sylvia!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time