I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



There is no defense against adverse fortune which is so effectual as an habitual sense of humor. ~Thomas W. Higginson



Humor is the instinct for taking pain playfully. ~Max Eastman



I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it. ~Frank A. Clark



Above all else: go out with a sense of humor. It is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life. ~Hugh Sidey



Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing. ~William James



After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor. ~Bill Kelly, "Mordillo"

8 comments:

Sam said...

Humour - very important! Love these quotes and the images are as always breath taking.

Anonymous said...

I love love love that first picture. And the last one is awesome as well. Good thing we know how to dance.

Quilt Works said...

Magical! Especially the first photo. I love sunsets and you have so many wonderful ones! Love looking at them

chrome3d said...

You are on a very humorous mood today and I can´t see anything bad in that. No defense.

Dianne said...

the Eastman quote really hits home for me

Kay said...

I do love the blue and white flowers.

You're right! What the world needs now and always is HUMOR! We have to learn to laugh at ourselves and some of the crazy situations we find ourselves in.

bobbie said...

A true sense of humor is all-important in just about any situation you can name.

dianasfaria.com said...

these are great. Sometimes I get the feeling God must have the greatest sense of humor of all!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time