I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Promises are like babies: easy to make, hard to deliver. ~Author Unknown



The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
~Mahatma Gandhi



Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself. ~Harriet Nelson



Someone once defined humor as a way to keep from killing yourself. I keep my sense of humor and I stay alive. ~Abe Burrows



He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.
~George Herbert

10 comments:

Carly said...

My favorite is the first. It almost looks like the sky is on fire!

Anonymous said...

OMG...when I opened this in my reader and saw that first photo I was just stunned at the beauty. Well done :)

Elaine Yim said...

The spectacular sunset photos of the first and last picture, coupled with the giant tree in the forest makes me think of a place by the beach where I can hear the birds chirpping and count the stars in the skies at night.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Beautiful photos and inspiring quotes to reflect!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Forgiveness is the secret to life!

Regina said...

All are beautiful the first one is special. Beautiful quotes as always.
Have wonderful week Sylvia.

PS the Pratsie said...

nice words :)

Pat said...

I really like the quotes that go with each beautiful photo!

George said...

Your photos and quotes are marvelous as always. I really like your picture of the clouds.

Kay said...

That first photo is an absolute stunner!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time