I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Simple Things


I found this wonderful opportunity to help the people in Haiti in a beautiful way on my dear friend, Thom's site.
Chris from Enchanted Oak is doing the Simple Things Challenge, an easy way to keep your blessings flowing to Haiti. From her blog:

“Today and Sunday, I’d like to celebrate the simple pleasures of life with you. For each person who participates with a list, a poem, or a prose piece about the joy of simple things, my family will donate $2.00 to Heartline Ministries for their medical clinic and other programs in Haiti. The Heartline Ministries blog by John McHoul will tell you more about what they are doing.

Click on Chris's site and join us in sharing the beautiful things in our own lives as well as helping people who are in such need. Post your piece this weekend and include a link to Chris's site. Then stop by her blog to say you’ve posted your “Simple Things.” Post by midnight, Pacific time, Sunday, and don’t forget to link with Chris and to notify her that you’ve posted. You can borrow the “Simple Things” photo. If you don’t have a blog, a comment on her blog will count too if you tell her so.
Let’s keep those blessings flowing!

1. My four children
2. Our dogs, Sam and Mojo
3. Music and books
4. A beautiful sunrise/sunset
5. Living near the water
6. Photography
7. Waking up each morning to a new day
8. The smell of bread baking
9. The mountains
10. Sunlight pouring through the windows
11. Love
12. Laughter
13. Wonderful friends

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list my friend. Family and the dogs are the bomb and the sunlight pouring through the windows... Wonderful. Such a great cause. Have a wonderful Sunday.

xoxox

Enchanted Oak said...

You got me right in the heart with your beautiful simple blessings. Most especially, isn't it grand to wake up each morning to a new day? All of this list is priceless. Thank you for participating in this small thing on behalf of Haiti. Two dollars go into the hat for your list! Cheers!
Chris from Enchanted Oak

nsiyer said...

I am thankful that you gave me an opportunity to be useful to someone somewhere. Thanks a million, Sylvia.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list! You and I have a lot in common, Sylvia.

Christine said...

This is a lovely, thoughtful list, Sylvia. We see things in the same light, methinks.

nsiyer said...

I am thankful that you gave me an opportunity to be useful to someone somewhere. Thanks a million, Sylvia.

Nessa said...

A gorgeous list and I love the waterfall in your blog header. Beautiful.

The Simple Things Challenge

jabblog said...

I am so glad to have come across this project, Sylvia - thank you :-)

Susan at Stony River said...

What a wonderful list and two splendid quotes -- Amen to all that Sylvia! Life is good in so many little ways.

Brian Miller said...

children...books...baking bread...love you list. dropped over from EO! glad you joined the party!

RNSANE said...

I like seeing how alike so many of our lists are. Kindred spirits who really do appreciate what really matters in this life and, especially more so, I think, since the catastrophic events in Haiti.

Sujatha Bagal said...

What a wonderful cause! Love every single item on your list!

Kay said...

That's a wonderful list, Sylvia. It's made me stop to appreciate what's around me since I've had my head pressed to the computer all week long from morning to night on my genealogy project.

Anonymous said...

Great list of the small things that matter.

Freshly-baked bread... mmmm...

kRiZcPEc said...

Thanks for the great idea, heading over Thom's site. :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time