I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You Are Joking, Aren't You???

Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous..... A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:
1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!
2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'
3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'
4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'
5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'
6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'
7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'
8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'
9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!
10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'
11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'
And the best one of all.
12. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

11 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

The first and only colonoscopy I ever had the doctor decided not to use any type of antisetic and I was in terrible pain..enough that I cried. he kept telling me it couldn't hurt that much. I asked him if he had ever had the procedure done and he said "no". I told him before he received his license, he should have to have it done.

I have never had another...nor will I.

Linda Reeder said...

These are hilarious! And yes, I have had two.

Kay L. Davies said...

Margie is right.
Fortunately, for my first colonoscopy, they put me right out. Ever since then, I've been half-awake every time, and it's awful. Doctors who say "it doesn't hurt" really ought to have it done to them. America's first astronauts, who had to have every conceivable test done to make sure they were healthy enough, called it "the steel eel"!
If the strongest, healthiest, bravest young men in the US hated it, what are we to do? (But the remarks are funny, Sylvia.)
-- K

Amy said...

This is great Sylvia - I've actually had two, both performed by a Dr Spinka - yes, for real!

magiceye said...

that was hilarious!!! lol

Susan at Stony River said...

Those are hilarious -- I love people who can keep a sense of humor in the face (or whatever) of such an experience.

Kay said...

These are hilarious, Sylvia. Thank you for the laugh! You know.... I'm supposed to go for one of those soon, too.

Unknown said...

Great post as always Sylvia.
If one cant avoid it i think one should make a joke about it.
Have a great evening .'
Costas

Unknown said...

Very funny, especially love the last one.

You always manage to give us a good giggle Sylvia.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Ah ah Sylvia... :
" 1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before ! "
Questa mi รจ piaciuta moltissimo !!!!!
Buona giornata :))

Jay said...

I love the last one! LOL!

These collections of quotes are always funny, but that one made me laugh out loud.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time