I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty

Want of love is a degree of callousness; for love is the perfection of consciousness. We do not love because we do not comprehend, or rather we do not comprehend because we do not love. For love is the ultimate meaning of everything around us. It is not a mere sentiment; it is truth; it is the joy that is at the root of all creation.

Tagore

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.

Kahlil Gibran

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Beautiful words!

Great Grandma Lin said...

glad I rediscovered you. You are in my blogging list now...it seems at one point I deleted those who hadn't updated their blogs for awhile but you're back...

chrome3d said...

I can see all those things when I look at your gentle skies.

Anonymous said...

I love both of the quotes and they are so very true. And i like the imagery of the bare feet and the flowing hair interacting with Nature.

bobbie said...

Love it. Which book do you have to reference Tagore? You come up with some truly wonderful quotes from him.

Reanaclaire said...

Beautiful quotes.. God's creation is really awesome..

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time