I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


I was browsing through some poetry/quotes as I do almost every day because I've found there is always something by Gibran or Tagore that I can learn from. Usually I settle on one to share for the evening, but today these four grabbed me for whatever reason, so I decided to share all of them this evening.

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.
Kahlil Gibran

If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?
Kahlil Gibran

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
Kahlil Gibran

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.
Kahlil Gibran

11 comments:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for sharing some truely wonderful thoughts.

U

Pamposh Dhar said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing these.

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, I especially like your volcano and flowers quote. I haven't heard that one before, but I can truly see the truth within it.

Indrani said...

Great quotes! And I strongly believe in the first one.

Lilly said...

OK, another print out. The power of words hey? These are great. Thank you Sylvia!

bobbie said...

I like the last one especially.

Sujatha Bagal said...

I think I have to live a 100 more years before I realize the wisdom in that last quote.

EG CameraGirl said...

These are wonderful quotes, Sylvia! Thank you for finding and then sharing them.

nsiyer said...

Gibran is my favourite. An amazing insight.

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Sylvia! Thank you for reminding of the wisdom of Gibran.

Susan at Stony River said...

Wonderful! I liked the volcano one best until I read the last and its greatness that bows before children.

Absolutely.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time