I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


Hallow the body as a temple to comeliness and sanctify the heart as a sacrifice to love; love recompenses the adorers.
Kahlil Gibran

Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
Kahlil Gibran

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
Kahlil Gibran

When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow.
Anais Nin

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin

Click on the photo to better see the buds.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quotes and photos.

Paz

kenju said...

Sylvia, thanks so much for the visit. I love your Gibran quotes, and I hope you'll come back soon.

♥ Braja said...

Lovely, Sylvia :))

Great Grandma Lin said...

I like the one about staying in the bud vs. blossoming out. Relates to many different situations.

MonikaRose said...

Hello Sylvia, thanks for dropping by and for the wonderful comment. I really like your photos, especially the sky and the tree. Beautiful, I myself love taking shots of the sky. Thank you for sharing. :)
Have a Fantastic week ;)
MonikaROse

chrome3d said...

i deepened my spirits in the weekend and it was much needed.

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

"Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit." What a marvelous quote!

U

Judy said...

I love the quotes. The one about love is my favorite. That tree is beautiful.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Love the friendship quote. The corollary is also true - we so need friendships to keep our spirits in shape.

Martha Z said...

You come up with such wonderful words. I wonder how much time you spend finding them?

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time