I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~Mark Twain



Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. ~Samuel Ullman



Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. ~Author Unknown



Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don't recognize you ~Bennett Cerf



In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play. ~Friedrich Nietzsche



The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart. ~Mencius, Book IV

14 comments:

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

These were all wonderful truths, and the pictures so lovely..thank you!

Darlene said...

Stunning photos, Sylvia. I love the quotes, also; especially the last one.

Martha Z said...

I enjoyed tonights theme, as long as my body co-operates age is just a state of mind.

Grayquill said...

'We grow old by deserting our ideals' Many for sure get pushed aside to make room for what life serves up - nice post you did today!

Great Grandma Lin said...

fun quote on aging-I've been posting lots about that lately...guess I'm getting older or as I like to call it-more mature.

kRiZcPEc said...

I love the last shot here, leading me down the road. :)

Lee Spangler said...

One of those nights to sit by the fire, look at your pix and read the tender, thoughtful quotes

magiceye said...

lovely quotes to embellish beautiful images!

Bradley Hsi said...

How I need to recite your quotes every morning to keep me from getting OLD.

Kay said...

These photos are stunning, Sylvia. I love the yellow rose and that pretty little waterfall. I especially enjoyed Mark Twain's quote at the beginning.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

great quotations and i love the waterfalls.

bobbie said...

Hold on to that child's heart. It's all-important.

Michael Horvath said...

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

My problem is that my matter hurts more as I get older.

Chris said...

Wonderful pictures and quotes.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time