I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Surprise! A New Award


This morning I received a new award from Bobbie, of Almost There. It,s the Superior Scribbler Award as you can see. I'm surprised and feel very honored, primarily because I'm still so new to blogging, and I do appreciate it.
As with most awards, it comes with rules, which are:
1. Name five other Superior Scribblers to receive this award.
2. Link to the author and name of the blog that gave you the award.
3. Display the award on your blog with this LINK which explains the award.
4. Click on the award at the bottom of the link and add your name to the bottom of the list.
5. Post the rules.
I won't make a habit of this although I think everyone appreciates being recognized, there are many who would prefer not to participate for whatever reason and I do respect that. Besides, there are so many wonderful blogs out there in cyberspace that it is hard to choose who to award for their work, their writing and artistic talent. There is surely no obligation attached to it. Recepients may choose not to pass it on further, just please acknowledge it so that I know you received it. That being said, I would like to pass it to:
June, who writes 70 Plus and Still Kicking who has more than one wonderful blog. She has become such a good friend and has encouraged me in my own writing through her own writing blog, Journeys in Creative Writing.
Citizen K, who has a wonderful, interesting and informative blog, Killian Said. He also moved to the Seattle area from Texas, and has a great perspective on many topics.
Lilly, who has a wonderful, entertaining, informative and fun blog, Lilly's Life. I always look forward to her posts.
And there is Ugich, whose blog, Gappa, has the most wonderful, beautiful stories about India. She is such an inspiration!
Last, but by no means least, is my good friend, Linda, whose blog Texas to Oregon, keeps us up to date on all the latest politics, spiced up with all kinds of interesting tidbits to make you smile, to give you a new perspective on so many things.
And that's my five. Like Bobbie, one of the reasons I dislike passing on awards is there are so many more that deserve recognition.
Thank you again, Bobbie, I hope that you do know what a faithful follower I am.

7 comments:

bobbie said...

You certainly deserve it, Sylvia. I'm going to explore those that you sent it on to.

Joy said...

Where is that photograph up there on your header? How beautiful!

Enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

You definitely deserve the award, Sylvia. I enjoy your writing very much.

Lilly said...

Congratulations Sylvia. You so deserve it. WOW thank you so very much for passing it to moi too. I feel strangely happy....and surprised. Thanks again!!

K. said...

Congrats on well-deserved recognition and thanks!

Ugich Konitari said...

Sylvia,

Congratulations on your award. And thanks for thinking of me and my blog...Wow. What a great way to start the day.......(Its 6 am, Saturday here, and I have just spent a large part of the night trying to tangle(and win) with a virus . Things are finally OK, I decide to surf around blogs a bit, and saw this on your blog. ...)!

storyteller said...

Congratulations on this well-deserved award! I have trouble deciding how or who to pass awards along to myself ... and now that I think about it, methinks I never did pass this one along when Mama Zen gave it to me, so I'll think about that and remedy the situation soon.
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time