I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More Christmas Fun -- Well, For Us Gals!

REMEMBER THIS AT CHRISTMAS TIME...

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December. Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.

We should've known...

ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.

Hope this helps to brighten your day and get you in the holiday spirit!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Santa did give them all gender-neutral names (or was that Mrs. Claus who did the naming?)

Sylvia K said...

Yep, you got it! Ms. Claus told me personally the last time we visited!

Linda said...

Wonderful! I love it!!

storyteller said...

This (and the holiday lights) absolutely made my evening! Thanks for the chuckles ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

magiceye said...

lol!! that was a super post!!!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time