I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas Story for People Having a Bad Day

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

10 comments:

Kay said...

You know, Sylvia... I reading a number of posts here about people having a bad day. I've had a rather crappy day myself with some blinds from Home Depot that came in wrong, again. Sigh... tomorrow should be better.

bobbie said...

This one is a winner, Sylvia.

Great Grandma Lin said...

thanks for a fun story, we always had an angel on top of our tree.

Anonymous said...

LOLSHIACT!!! (Laughing Out Loud So Hard I Almost Can't Type!) That one is going out to everyone in my email address book!

Rain Trueax said...

that is hilarious! and one I have never heard which isn't easy to find by my age *s*

Anonymous said...

So far I've not had a bad day, but I sure enjoyed a good laugh.

Susan at Stony River said...

When Santa heard his mother-in-law was coming I laughed SO hard! But the punchline was even better.

(obviously the reindeer who ran off were out buying baby presents for the ones who were uh, otherwise occupied)

What a GREAT story. I've had a few days like that recently, so I'm going to print it and STICK it...on the refrigerator. LOL

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, that is a laugh out loud! I had no idea where that was going, but was really hpoing it wasn't a sweet platitude. Nope!

Rinkly Rimes said...

I've often wondered about the fairy's comfort!!!

Mare said...

very funny! hohoho!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time