I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Thought for the Day


Two friends were walking through the desert. During the journey, they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:

"Today my best friend slapped me in the face."

The kept on walking, until the found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath.

The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.

After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:

"Today my best friend saved my life."

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone. Why?"

The friend replied: "when someone hurts us we should write in down in sand, where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we muct engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your benefits in stone.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words, Sylvia. How true!

Great Grandma Lin said...

good thoughts to remember and live by

Mari Meehan said...

I think that is absolutely true!

The Cunning Runt said...

What a nice thought. It finds me on a night fraught with regrets; perhaps I'll write them in the snow.

Carletta said...

Lovely rose image and the words are beautiful sentiments!

Anonymous said...

So true and words we should all live by.

Rinkly Rimes said...

A lovely way of telling a truth. May I turn it into a poem one day?

magiceye said...

how true! well said! love the yellow rose depicting friendship too!

magiceye said...

thank you so much for all those butterflies flitting around on my blog!!!! they add so much color and character!!

lulu said...

Stumbled across your blog yesterday and I'm really enjoying it!! Thanks for the inspiration and gorgeous pictures. Will be visitn g more often!!!

Kay said...

Oh my... This is a valuable lesson, indeed.

Mare said...

I had seen this one in an email. It impressed me then, and now again!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time