I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty

A vapor trail, beautiful against the sky, accenting the beauty of the sun on a winter day.

/\Namaste
Tonight I share some more quotes from Tagore. There's no particular theme with these, but just some wonderful words of wisdom.
"The burden of the self is lightened when I laugh at myself."
Being able to laugh at oneself is one of the greates gifts that we can give ourselves. But maybe one of the hardest. It is worth the effort and is a gift that keeps on giving -- sounds like a commercial, doesn't it? But it's true nonetheless.
"Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven."
When spring finally comes and the trees lift their new leaf clad arms, they do indeed seem to be speaking to the listening heaven.
"We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility."
Perhaps that is why it is so difficult to become great, as great humility is not easy to come by for many of us.
"We gain freedom when we have paid the full price."
This always sends me searching for the answer to the question -- what is the price?
"We live in the world when we love it."
And when we love it we care for it, we protect it, we shelter it, we feed it. Looking at the world today it would seem there has been a shortage of love over the years.

9 comments:

chrome3d said...

I love your sunny skies.

Anonymous said...

Tagore was a master at painting pictures and flaming thoughts .. and so are you .. read some of your work .. looking forward to read more :)

Reader Wil said...

Tagore is a very wise person. I especially like this:"We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
Perhaps that is why it is so difficult to become great, as great humility is not easy to come by for many of us."
Thanks for these quotations.

Oman said...

heavenly display. i love the show.

Let me share to you My World thru Cagayan De Oro's Night Cafe.

bobbie said...

Your photo is exquisite.

Tagore's words never cease to go right to my heart.

Peggy said...

I look to you blog everyday first to lift my spirits.... you never fail to do so!

Dianne said...

I love the quote about laughing at yourself

your photo is lovely

Darlene said...

A lovely wintery photo. Although the sun is out, one can tell that the photo was taken in winter. I wonder where the jet that left that vapor trail was headed?

magiceye said...

Amen

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time