I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Kahlil Gibran

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.
Anais Nin

Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly.
Kiss slowly. Love truly.
Laugh uncontrollably,
and never regret anything.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain.


It's gray and rainy and chilly, but the Lilac is about ready to burst into bloom and that is what hope is all about!

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

I love lilacs-they epitomize spring to me...

Anonymous said...

Live by the rules of one's individual heart and personal point of view. That is the only way to stay authentic and true.

I like reading your daily quotes. Its fun to look into them and reflect.

Peggy said...

My favorite, I think is lilac! just love the way they smell. It really is springtime when you have lilacs.

Linda Pendleton said...

Very nice quotes, Kibran's being so true and is my favorite of these. I love all his quotes.
:-)

Sara Chapman in Seattle said...

What a nice, big lilac you have! I just planted seven small lilac bushes in front where there's sun (or will be, eventually) and I agree, waiting for those buds to open is the definition of hope. I love lilacs!

Carletta said...

My lilac is almost ready too - I can hardly wait.
Beautiful words. Is that last quote yours? I love it.

magiceye said...

.........beautiful...........

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I love the quotes you shared with us, and I can hardly wait to see the lilac tree in full bloom!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time