I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being.
Kahlil Gibran

Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
Kahlil Gibran

Each contact with a human being is so rare, so precious, one should preserve it.
Anais Nin

Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anais Nin

This is the maple tree with the diamond-like raindrops a couple of weeks ago that taught me that there can even be beauty in the rain. Click on both of the photos to really appreciate the detail.

This is the same maple as she/he begins leaf out to catch the sun.

11 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

love the raindrops they are like diamonds...we are suppose to get rain but so far it's only howling warm winds...

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks again for sharing so much of what makes life beautiful and worth living.

L&H

U

Roshni said...

the photos are really beautiful, as are the quotes.

Kay said...

This is just beautiful, Sylvia. I've always loved how raindrops decorate the trees.

Bagman and Butler said...

I like the way you see things. I like the quotes you find. Great beauty in words and images.

BLOGitse said...

beautiful words + a new start - spring! what a wonderful life!

Greetings from Cairo! Thanks for your comment! :)

ahab said...

Lovely!

Judy said...

I love the rain on the tree. That is so pretty. I have always liked a nice summer rain that leaves everything smelling so fresh. Used to like to walk in a warm rain, too. The quotes are so true.

robin andrea said...

You always find such lovely quotes and the photos are beautiful.

Deborah Godin said...

Those raindrops are so pretty and delicate. We've had a bit too much here lately, but a soft spring rain is always nice.

Elisabeth's bright side said...

Thanks for sharing. You always gives us something to contemplate about. It can be a world in a raindrop too :)
Beautiful pictures, thank you.
P.S. I have started to read your novel. It is getting interesting and I do like it!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time