I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


If click in the photos to enlarge and you look closely, you can see the wind, fortunately you can't feel it because it was cold. But there was some blue in the sky today. The trees look so delicate and fragile with their tiny new leaves. I do love the willow, swaying in the breeze.

Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.
Kahlil Gibran

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.
Kahlil Gibran

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.
Kahlil Gibran

Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
Rabindranath Tagore

I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.
Anais Nin

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

thanks for peaceful thoughts and restful photos

storyteller said...

Lovely photos and thoughts for the evening. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Martha Z said...

Thank you for your posts today.

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Sylvia,

One word comes to mind...beautiful and then I think of the calming peace of the wind blowing gently over each limb.

U

Anonymous said...

It rained all night up here Sylvia and then in the afternoon the skies opened up for us too. I even went out to take some new photographs. Got a nice crow shot, some bushtits, and a cool pose by a double crested cormorant.

To have faith without reason and to see through the eyes of a child. It's nice not having to be a slave to the rational mind all of the time. Lets let all of our dreams bubble to the surface and seed the world.

Kay said...

The colors are fabulous. They are striking against the blue, blue sky.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photographs Sylvia, especially that top one and the verses are so appropriate right now. I will have to dig my copy of the Prophet out when I get home and read it. Thank you for sharing.
Smiles

Anonymous said...

You can see the wind. I love willows as they are so expressive..if a tree can be expressive..I read every post in my reader, I just don't always have the ability to type all the comments that I want to make.. Michelle

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time