I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty



Had to come home from Whidbey Island early as my son had to leave town -- again and I needed to come back to take care of the dogs, but it was a great three days and I enjoyed walking on the beach and just enjoying the quiet and the beauty. AND I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone's blog so it'll be a late night!!
Hope you all have a lovely and beautiful evening!

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.
Kahlil Gibran

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.
Kahlil Gibran

It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.
Anais Nin

It's all right for a woman to be, above all, human. I am a woman first of all.
Anais Nin

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

fun thoughts and photos. glad you enjoyed some peace and quiet in your retreat.

Inday said...

The beauty of your peaceful but radiant twilight brings me home into your consoling words of wisdom, the gem hidden in those beautiful and oftentimes unwanted shells.

Thanks for your visit. It warms my doleful soul.

June Saville said...

You seem at more peace with the world SYLVIA.
June in Oz

June Saville said...

You seem at more peace with the world SYLVIA.
June in Oz

bobbie said...

So glad you enjoyed your mini-vacation. I hope it has renewed your spirit.

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

"There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward"

There is a joy in giving:
* It is the joy of laughter.
* It is the joy of life.
* It is the joy of love.

These elements give clarity to joy.

Thanks for providing such inspirational thoughts.

U

Susan at Stony River said...

Lovely, Sylvia! I hope you had a wonderful few days away, and your son has a safe trip. Tell the dogs to take good care of YOU!
:-)

Janie said...

Beautiful photos and I love the quotes. I've long been a Kahlil Gibran admirer.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time