I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


Spring - an experience in immortality.
Henry D. Thoreau

A little Madness in the Spring
Is wholesome even for the King."
Emily Dickinson



Sweet May hath come to love us,
Flowers, trees, their blossoms don;
And through the blue heavens above us
The very clouds move on.
Heinrich Heine, Book of Songs

Love... It surrounds every being and extends slowly to embrace all that shall be.
Kahlil Gibran

5 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

well spring has sprung for another year. how fun!

Redzlan said...

Beautiful spring colours.
Nice words too.

Deborah Godin said...

I somehow always get your wisdom with my morning coffee (must be a time zone thing) but it's a great way to start my day too!

Chris said...

Sigh, the dogwoods, cherry trees, and bradford pears have lost their blooms here already, but now the azaleas are looking great!

Gennasus said...

Beautiful trees and skies! Love your 'adult classes' above too!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time