I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.
Kahlil Gibran

We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.
Kahlil Gibran

How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.
Anais Nin

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
Anais Nin

6 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

interesting poems or quotes or sayings...makes you think...

julie king said...

beautiful photo and inspirational words, sylvia!!

Rajesh said...

Nice snap with beautiful words. The glow in the background of trees is beautiful.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful post-lovely quotes and I love the photo too.

Elizabeth said...

Really thoughtful and lovely quotes.
I liked the one about the woman choosing her own path.
I think I need to stand up fpr myself more!

magiceye said...

love the last quote!!!!
brilliant!!!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time