I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nature, Spring, Wisdom and Joy!!

Be sure to click on the photos to really see the details.


Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran


"'Tis like the birthday of the world,
When earth was born in bloom;
The light is made of many dyes,
The air is all perfume:
There's crimson buds, and white and blue,
The very rainbow showers
Have turned to blossoms where they fell,
And sown the earth with flowers."
- Thomas Hood



"The young May moon is beaming, love.
The glow-worm's lamp is gleaming, love.
How sweet to rove,
Through Morna's grove,
When the drowsy world is dreaming, love!
Then awake! -- the heavens look bright, my dear,
'Tis never too late for delight, my dear,
And the best of all ways
To lengthen our days
Is to steal a few hours from the night, my dear!"
- Thomas Moore, The Young May Moon



Your daily life is your temple and your religion. When you enter into it take with you your all.
Kahlil Gibran

12 comments:

Rajesh said...

hey, very lovely scenery and garden snaps. In the first snap I could see flowers both white and pink on the same tree. Very nice snaps

Peggy said...

I enlarged all the pictures and they are beautiful. Spring has sprung in all it's glory!

Lew said...

ou have lots of beauty in your area! I love the rhododendron and azeleas. Grea shot of the ocean too!

Chris said...

Lovely photos, the azeleas are stunning, if that is your garden I'm jelous.

Pamposh Dhar said...

Dunno which I love more - your pix or your quotes! Anyway, this is a wonderful blog and so I have awarded it the Makes My Heart Smile award. Please wander over to Pamposh Dhar at http://pamposhdhar.blogspot.com to receive your award! :)

Libertine said...

oh it's so great to see some colour today! It's a very English day today for me. Thank you

magiceye said...

gorgeous images to go along with beautiful thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Very nice photographs and I enjoyed the quotes as well.

Great Grandma Lin said...

I like that thought spring is the birthday of the earth...its certainly beautiful up in your area.

Susan at Stony River said...

What beautiful gardens Sylvia, thank you for sharing! I could use a good dose of a sunny day and flowers, anytime.

Deborah Godin said...

These are all lovely but you know the hot pink ones just knocked my sox off!!

Inday said...

Dear Sylvia,

Your blog is inspirational. Besides the beautiful world you share with us, you also share your heart by way of some insightful wisdom of the renown. I feel I have known you from a poetry forum, am not sure. I gave that up now.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time