I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How About a Little Humor!

The Center for Disease Control has issued a medical alert about a highly contagious, potentially dangerous virus that is transmitted orally, by hand, and even electronically. This virus is called Weekly Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from your boss, any of your colleagues or anyone else via any means whatsoever - DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! This virus will wipe out your private life entirely. If you should come into contact with WORK you should immediately leave the premises.

Take two good friends to the nearest liquor store and purchase one or both of the antidotes - Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) and Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been eliminated from your system.

You should immediately forward this medical alert to five friends. If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

16 comments:

Lilly said...

Oh this is funny, people are hilarious really in coming up with this stuff!! Oh you can count I will be sending this one on. Dont you love how we see our lives as acronyms. Now that would be a good post in itself! Hope you are doing well. We are getting colder here....

patsy said...

work doesn't control me any more.

Linda Pendleton said...

That's pretty good. LOL

Great Grandma Lin said...

good to have some humor these days and work to keep us busy.

Ugich Konitari said...

Wonderful stuff. I just sent it to 5 folks, myself included.

♥ Braja said...

Absolutely untouched by WORK. No problem. I believe it was due to the amount of WINE I took as a youth :)

Reader Wil said...

Ha, ha ... This is a great idea: alcohol is sometimes(?) a great remedy against viruses!!

bobbie said...

Love it! Gonna pass this one on.

Bagman and Butler said...

My God! I've got it! I thought I was getting better last night but I suspect that in thirty minutes or so, after showering, shaving, etc., I'm going to have a recurrence of symptoms.

Unknown said...

That's a hoot and started my day with a giggle! Thx!

Peggy said...

So glad to have some humor today.
The news is, so not funny these days
I think I'll send this to my husband at work!

chrome3d said...

I´m afraid it´s all WORK and KIDS for me. I´m way beyond help. Take care with those nasty viruses out there.

Indrani said...

This was so funny!

Deborah Godin said...

This is totally brilliant!! Thanks for yet another laugh-filled afternoon!!

kRiZcPEc said...

Marvellous, love this WORK, WINE, and BEER...:)

Susan at Stony River said...

Amen! Pass the antidotes!!
LOL

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time