I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


This piece was sent to me by a good friend who knows I'm a fan of Rabindranath Tagore, and I would like to share it with you this evening.

Go not to the temple to put flowers upon the feet of God.
First fill your own house with the frangrance of love.
Go not to the temple to light candles before the alter of God.
First remove the darkness of sin from your own heart.
Go not to the temple to bow down your head in prayer.
First learn to bow in humility before your fellow men.
Go not to the temple to pray on bended knees.
First bend down to lift someone who is downtrodden.
Go not to the temple to ask for forgiveness of your sins.
First forgive from your heart those who have sinned against you.

This says so beautifully and so clearly how I feel and how I strive to live my life.
Not always successful needless to say, but it's my goal.

May you all have a beautiful evening and a lovely weekend filled with love and laughter, warmth and joy.

6 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

wise thoughts...it's easier said than done unfortunately

Martha Z said...

Another perfect meditation, thank you.

magiceye said...

how i wish everyone followed this mantra! the world would be so much better.

kRiZcPEc said...

Thanks for sharing another insightful piece.
Have a great weekend!:)

Bagman and Butler said...

Your blog, and many other blogs, remind me how well rounded we are as humans -- we have such earthy humor about us and such spirituality at the same time.

Bradley Hsi said...

It is a very nice and inspiring piece. Thanks for visiting our blog. We traveling this week and hope you have a nice weekend.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time