I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

 

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.
Isak Dinesen

 

The true peace of God begins at any spot a thousand miles from the nearest land. Joseph Conrad

 

The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace.
Kate Chopin

 
Posted by Picasa


One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything.
Georg C. Lichtenberg

8 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

Your third photograph looks partticularly cool and refreshing and your words are always well-chosen.

Glennis said...

Most beautiful photos and words, and they go together perfectly. I also like the watery third shot best.

Sara Chapman said...

Beautiful photos, and I especially like the selection of quotes today. The one about tears, sweat or the sea is wonderful.

Bagman and Butler said...

Your postings are like meditations.

Ramakrishnan said...

Exquisite & beatiful pictures. How do always manage to pick the most apt Quotes? Marvelous !

Ram

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Sylvia, thank you foe visiting! Your beach's not too shabby either!!!Hugs!

maryt/theteach said...

This is an incredible post, Sylvia! :)

storyteller said...

Lovely photos and marvelous quotes. The last speaks VOLUMES to me right now!
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time