I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Kahlil Gibran

 

When we turn to one another for counsel we reduce the number of our enemies.
Kahlil Gibran

 

Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran

 
Posted by Picasa


The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply.
Kahlil Gibran

3 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

I think people get sick of hearing about my attitude, that is, I am always looking at the positives of any given situation. It's not always easy but it sure helps.

chrome3d said...

I would like to live in tomorrows dreams but often slip "accidentally" to yesterday´s memories.

Susie of Arabia said...

Such a beautiful post, Sylvia - great dreamy photos and fabulous words of inspiration from Gibran. I'm back in Arabia now, but I'll be back up in your neck of the woods in October and I should have more free time then. I was so busy this trip - my mom had 2 surgeries (she's doing very well) while I was there and we painted the exterior of my brother's house! Sorry we didn't get to chat, but hopefully this fall!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time